Monday, October 7, 2013

Mt. Romelo: Mountains + Waterfalls

Located at Sinaloan, Laguna



The location of Mt. Romelo is nearby the famous Pagsanjan Falls.  Along a trip with private car, it took about three (3) hours drive from Manila. As I arrived past lunch time, I parked it at Manong Ronald with an overnight cost: 300 pesos. I am assured that it is safe and secured. Starting the trail without a tour guide, I managed to reach the camping site. I decided to save money and find my way along the trail and "Just follow the footprints".  

REGISTRATION

First stop, walk along the road that would lead you to the registration site. About 30 minutes find a sari-sari store and ask the locals. Register and pay for for 50Php. 
and you are set for the adventure! 

START 

Expect to cross a river at the start, which tells you that it this is going to be a wet and muddy trail. A total of 2-3 hr climb/trek to complete until you reach the camp site.  There are plenty resting spots and the locals sell shirts, souvenirs and "buko" (coconut) juice. 

Once you reach the camping site you will hear the strong splash of the falls and harsh flow of the river. This means that you are on the right track. Be on guard to look for Manang (picture below) and set your tent or you have an option rent for a “Hut” for 150/night. She has a mini-store  and bathroom to shower or clean up.



I personally put up my own tent for the night :)

Rest. Recover and get Ready for a wet trail.

Mt. Romelo is blessed to be having 7 waterfalls and rivers treks. This unique adventure shows a different kind of outdoor experience that entails a mountaineer to explore your capacity to climb, trek, cross rivers, swim, and walk along the different rock formations of the area.

Unfortunately, I only had the chance to see 3 waterfalls due to the less time on my hands.

1. BARUWISAN FALLS




2. BATYA-BATYA FALLS


3. OLD BARUWISAN FALLS




My journey here isn't complete here. I shall return to Mt. Romelo and I am eager to reach the summit of Mt. Romelo and get to the 4 waterfalls of this beautiful mountain. 




No comments:

Post a Comment