Saturday, February 26, 2011

Delta Airline Delay

Here I am. Doin the American dream like what was planned 5 years ago. I finally came here. Once again after 10 years. I picked the winter season so i could see SNOW! I never saw snow!so SNOW is what I'm looking forward too see once i landed the Land of the Free!

Honestly, I had doubts to fly because that would mean, leaving my Medicine School & leaving my daughter Vanna.
But it seemed i will find answers and learn more since this is a new place, new environment and a new Life.

But before I tell you my 3 months US Journey.. lets go back with what happened.

Dec.19, 2010 Manila, Philippines
Delta Airline Delay

My Delta Airline experience was a hell. What happened was that when we took off, the plane broke down midway up in the air. Scary! i know! Good thing the pilot decided to return to Manila.
I was sleeping actually when everything happened.
I woke up thinking "Oh! that was fast were already in Japan"
but suprisngly I'm back in NAIA Airport Manila. Arrgh!

so they gave us FREE Hotel accomodation at Manila Hotel

My own Room!
and so there we were. after waiting for several hours. hungry, tired and dirty. Finally at the Hotel I thought it was a cheap one but it was way better from the outside. It had its Philippine Culture touch which makes it cool. I just love patronizing Filipino things makes me proud of my country. So I got my own suite room. single bed with everything! It was awesome! Ate late lunch at a buffet met Tin (Biology of St. Paul Ilo-Ilo), Isa (Ateneo working though) and Cris (1st yr Medicine at FEU) & an Anesthesiologist of UST at the table. It was cool. everyone seemed nice and friendly we were goin thru discussing what happened with the aircraft and how it happened It seemed like the plane was making loud noise which isn't normal so the Pilot decided to fly back and have it checked. So there! We headed to our rooms. I called my sister Gail!
So there she was Gail and Ivan. They visited me once more! that was funny and I slept. wokeup like 10pm missed out the dinner and Gail and Ivan was gone. I dunno what happened I guess I was tired from all what Delta put me through. So I missed out Dinner!! and waited until 1am got the wake up call to line up and go back to NAIA again and go thru all the crappy Airport stuff again check-in my bags and all then finally for sure this time this is a plane that had been checked and ready to go.

Stopped over Japan


Stoped over Detroit
and finally arrived at Newark Internation Airport in New Jersey! Final Destination. and it took me 2 days to travel. OMG! Got off with Tin and Dan & Yvonne. Who I met thru Cris and they both are from Fatima Medicine Students. Which was cool because everyone are Medical students. My gosh. seems like a sign that I should be doing medicine. Oh well Thanks alot Delta Airlines. I wont fly no more! but thanks for the 100 dollar voucher check and the free Manila Hotel Accomadation. I guess that was the best part of it though.

Manila Hotel, Manila Philippines

Starbucks 4$ coffee O_O at Detroit Airport

JCMC 7th West nurses with Uncle Ramil and Aunty Maf

No comments:

Post a Comment