Sunday, February 27, 2011

Time Square Experience

So I did this crazy thing like what every Toursit "Must Do in NYC" And watching the Ball Drop this 2011 was among the things i planned to do. I even talked about it with my Delta Friends and everyone was like "Goodluck!" Even my family relatives or friend from New Jersey don't wanna do it! I was still going. Their pessimitic view about doing Time Sq didn't stop me.

My aunty was a blessing in disguise.
Aunt Zandra from Pennsylvania along with the Doran family came to NYC! So they thought of spending the New Year's Eve. And she wanna meet up with me, so I did. And I talked about like I wanna do Time Sq. And since my Aunty is the happy-go-lucky one, she was down for it!
violla!! we actually did it!
We head there 6pm. brought cellphone, some cash, snacks no purse no bag (as what is instructed on the TV) so from the Hotel at 50th street we head to 42nd street, but since the crowd were pilling up we ended up at 48th street. We ran, squished, sneeked. There were 2 security screeining. And finally as we got in! we jumped and ran some more and found a good view of the Ball drop. So its like 5 hours more to wait. It was so cold. Although the weather was a good according to them, but I was really freezing!! I can't feel my toes no more! We were there standing. Just standing. But good thing there was this Pizza Guy who was around to sell some like for $6.00/slice! we grabbed some of it. and it was served hot! so it was cool.

Thanks to Facebook to keep me busy updating my status. Musicians were there to keep us entertained. Some couple decided to get married at Time Sq. which was a wierd way to get married. Lol.
There was a countdown every hour! Till the last hour! which keeps the excitement up! This was among of the stuff to keep the crowd perked up!
"Cheer! If you're Frozen!"
Ïf you'ré a Guy SCREAM!!"
Ïf youré a Girl SCREAM!!"
I was like Wohoooo!!! whenerver they flash this!

So this is where we stayed up for 5 hours


After 5 hours...The Count Down!!
January 1, 2011 12:00AM

 


Watching the Ball Drop is Amazing!
Like my childhood friend told me:
Everyone should experience it ONLY ONCE!!
And yeah. I'm not gonna do it again.



No comments:

Post a Comment